Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't I change face colours?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Gstalker
150 Views, 2 Replies

why can't I change face colours?

I installed IV6 on two machines a couple of weeks ago. Both machines are the same make, with only minor differences. On one I can select face colours, but not on the other. Everything seems to work right up to th OK button, then the software thinks about it for a few seconds, and then fails to make the change. Files modified on the other machine display fine.

Can anyone suggest where I might start looking to track down the source of the problem.

G.I.Stalker
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Gstalker

Have you tried the file on the other
machine?

Try repairing IV installation?

--
Laurence,

Power is nothing without
Control
---

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
installed IV6 on two machines a couple of weeks ago. Both machines are the
same make, with only minor differences. On one I can select face colours, but
not on the other. Everything seems to work right up to th OK button, then the
software thinks about it for a few seconds, and then fails to make the change.
Files modified on the other machine display fine.

Can anyone suggest where I might start looking to track down the source of
the problem.

G.I.Stalker

Message 3 of 3
Gstalker
in reply to: Gstalker

Yep, I tried a file both ways. The file from the faulty installation lokks just the same on the other machine, (i.e. no color change.) and the file from the 'good' machine shows the color change fine on both installations. I also tried re-installing/repairing IV twice, but that didn't fix it. However, since my original posting I installed SP1, and that seems to have eliminated the problem! Maybe this is something that got fixed, although I don't see it on the 'readme'. Thanx anyway.

G.I.Stalker

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report