Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when I use the view cube to rotate the model it disappears

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sato2511
3234 Views, 4 Replies

when I use the view cube to rotate the model it disappears

Hy.

I have a problem with an ipt file: when I use the view cube to rotate the model or use the command orbit  it disappears and  I can't to reappears it, I have to close the file. Only If I open the file and I set the pivot I can rotate the model.

What's the problem?

Thank you!

sato
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: sato2511

Is it flying off the screen or are you losing the graphics.

If it is flying off of the screen - where is it located in relation to the origin (can you attach the file here)?

If it is a graphics issue try going to Tools>Application Options>Hardware tab and set to lowest setting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
sato2511
in reply to: JDMather

Spoiler

Hy!

It is flying off of the screen. I can't attach the file, but why you ask to me  where is it located in relation to the origin?

Can I check where is it located in relation to the origin?

Thank you very much.

sato
Message 4 of 5
cbenner

Edit the sketch for your first feature, this should show you where the sketch lies in relation to the x.y.z. origins.

Also, when your model flies off the screen, (correct me of I'm wrong JD), "HOME" should bring it back into the center position of the screen.

Message 5 of 5
SBix26

Sounds as if the center of your view rotation (the pivot point) is far away from your part.  With the part on the screen (F6 key or the Home command), select the View Orbit command, and click on your part.  That sets the pivot point; the view cube rotation should now occur the way you expect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report