Inventor General

Valued Contributor
sato2511
Message 1 of 5 (955 Views)

when I use the view cube to rotate the model it disappears

955 Views, 4 Replies
03-18-2012 12:01 PM

Hy.

I have a problem with an ipt file: when I use the view cube to rotate the model or use the command orbit  it disappears and  I can't to reappears it, I have to close the file. Only If I open the file and I set the pivot I can rotate the model.

What's the problem?

Thank you!

sato
*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 5 (951 Views)

Re: when I use the view cube to rotate the model it disappears

03-18-2012 02:19 PM in reply to: sato2511

Is it flying off the screen or are you losing the graphics.

If it is flying off of the screen - where is it located in relation to the origin (can you attach the file here)?

If it is a graphics issue try going to Tools>Application Options>Hardware tab and set to lowest setting.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Valued Contributor
sato2511
Message 3 of 5 (935 Views)

03-19-2012 02:08 AM in reply to: JDMather
Spoiler

Hy!

It is flying off of the screen. I can't attach the file, but why you ask to me  where is it located in relation to the origin?

Can I check where is it located in relation to the origin?

Thank you very much.

sato
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 4 of 5 (922 Views)

03-19-2012 05:48 AM in reply to: sato2511

Edit the sketch for your first feature, this should show you where the sketch lies in relation to the x.y.z. origins.

Also, when your model flies off the screen, (correct me of I'm wrong JD), "HOME" should bring it back into the center position of the screen.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

*Pro
sbixler
Message 5 of 5 (900 Views)

03-20-2012 03:46 AM in reply to: sato2511

Sounds as if the center of your view rotation (the pivot point) is far away from your part.  With the part on the screen (F6 key or the Home command), select the View Orbit command, and click on your part.  That sets the pivot point; the view cube rotation should now occur the way you expect.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube