Inventor General

Active Contributor
shuaib_cad
Message 1 of 4 (267 Views)
Accepted Solution

what is the use of structured tab in BOM in iam???

267 Views, 3 Replies
06-06-2012 12:52 PM

Untitled.pngwhat is the use of this tab???

and what is the difference between structured and model data?

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 4 (258 Views)

Re: what is the use of structured tab in BOM in iam???

06-06-2012 01:01 PM in reply to: shuaib_cad

Hi shuaib_cad,

The button indicated in this image should help you find your way through some of these things.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0460-Assembli460/0530-Bills_of53... 

(see Bill of Material Views)

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor Help Button.png

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Product Support
bobvdd
Message 3 of 4 (190 Views)

06-06-2012 01:38 PM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Some other good reading on the subject can be find on the support blog

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/05/exporting-all-level-bom-from-inventor.html

Bob

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 4 of 4 (181 Views)

06-06-2012 01:49 PM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Hi shuaib_cad,

This is the 3rd time I've attempted to reply and add the further clarification you requested. Unfortunately, the moderators have had to remove some of your replies due to a lack of professional conduct, and therefore my replies were lost. Please remember to conduct yourself professionally, as this is a peer to peer help forum and everyone deserves respect, particularly those who are taking the time to offer you assistance.

As per the section in the help article I noted earlier, the Structured view of the BOM is an organized view of the assembly that differs from the Model view in a few key ways. First the Structured view does not display Reference and Phantom component structures, and any child components of a Phantom components will be promoted and will show in the Structured View.

Secondly, as you might have noticed the Model view contains no item numbers, where as the Structured view does number the item, and allows for those item numbers to be managed, by renumbering, sorting, etc.

More differences to know about:

• The Structured view also contains some controls for displaying All Levels or only a single level.
  • The Structured view can be exported to an XLS, MDB, etc. but the Model View cannot.
  • The Structured view and Model view can contain different columns, allowing for you to customize views per your assembly template.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Edit:

It looks like bobvdd has provided some more good information while I was retyping.

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube