Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want some help urgent

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
414 Views, 10 Replies

want some help urgent

i am a beginner when a extrude a feature and select a part surface for new sketch now i want is to offset that surface but i can,t there is + sign with mouse icon and something like fully constrained is written in down the window please help me out

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Attach your file here.
How far to do you want to offset the surface?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

please open and try to a new sketch on a part feature the i can,t offset it or apply other options

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

offset to 5mm and please tell me how to do it

Message 5 of 11
JDMather

Your file works fine on my machine - but you don't have anything in Sketch2?
If this is urgent - why not include all relevant information?

I suspect you haven't clearly defined your problem statement.
Exactly what are you trying to do?
More information is needed.
Are you a student?
Where is your instructor?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

dear sir i am beginner i have no tutor em learning myself actually things is that when i extrude a part after extrude i want to work it one a part feature when i create a new sketch on it,s feature i then want to offset it which i can,t do there is some + sign with mouse button and it cannot select a feature

Message 7 of 11
JDMather

Go through the the Tutorials or post book image of what you are trying to create - that way when you run into trouble you can cite a specific step or drawing feature you are stuck at and others can help you.
Or at least scan a hand sketch of what you are trying to create.

Otherwise this is a futile exercise in trying to guess what you are trying to do.

Once you have gone through the tutorials and understand the basics of using the program you can then move on to creating your actual design.

More information is needed.  Much more information.

Post screen shots, hand sketches, urls to similar examples on the internet.

Are you trying to offset a sketch or are you trying to offset a sketch plane?
More information is needed.

Have you used any other CAD programs?
AutoCAD?

Drafting board?
Pencil and paper?

Once you get over a couple of hurdles - it should all start to make sense and get very easy.

Message 8 of 11
howardlee306

Are you trying to offset the surface on which your drawing? if so try pressing the "]" which will put you in create work plane mode and the left click and hold on the surface you want to "come off" of. While continuing to hold the left mouse button drag your mouse the direction you want to go, you can then release the mouse button and type an exact distance in the entry box that pops up.

Message 9 of 11
howardlee306
in reply to: howardlee306

One thing to add, I learned this with out any schooling either (I know sometimes it shows) but when I started we were on 2008 which still came with the manuals. They are outdated but if you can find an original 2008 manual on ebay or something I know from experience that it shows you the fundimentals and you can quickly look up commands and basic functions (which are still the same) until you get a little further along.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

please see the below picture i cannot offset the part feature

Message 11 of 11
JDMather

There is nothing in your sketch to offset?

If you want to offset the edges of that box - first you need to get the edges of the box into your current sketch.
You do this with the Project Geometry tool and select the edges.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report