Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

various button issues

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tda*!
321 Views, 6 Replies

various button issues

So, I have some related issues. I'm not sure how many factors are at the root of them. Here are a couple examples which illustrate my troubles

-I try to close a drawing with the "X" in the upper right corner and nothing happens. I do File -> Close and it works.

-I edit a sheet using Edit Definition, change the sketch, then click Finish Sketch. Nothing happens. All buttons in the program are visible, but when clicked to not respond. If I hit Esc on my keyboard, I can now click the buttons, but they are not responsive. I am forced to Ctr+Alt+Del to quit the program.

-I'm in sketch mode and all of the buttons in the Sketch tab are grayed out. Even though I can modify the drawing by clicking on drawing elements. 

All of these problems do not happen 100% of the time. By the way I didn't have any service packs installed and it was behaving this way. I just installed SP2 and it does the same thing.

Please help!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: tda*!

Need more important information, such as the color of the case of your machine...

My signature data should give you an idea of the information required.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
jletcher

Will also need to know did you just load new version? Or had it load and always had issues?

How did you load it? Network deploy, loaded from thumb drive, image the hard drive, ghost.

Sounds to me a registry issue if it work half the time..

What rights do you have? Admin, power user, user, guest?

Message 4 of 7
tda*!
in reply to: blair

Sorry, I should have given you my info.

IV2012 - SP2

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3505 @ 2.53 GHz

Win7 Pro 64- SP1

6GB RAM

NVidia Quadro 600

I installed Inventor with an image of our installation disk on a network drive. I am on a corporate network but have admin rights.

Message 5 of 7
jletcher

Ok I will say this I have seen many issues with the way you loaded it always button issues this and that missing.

When I go to help them I find that half of the registry is missing for Inventor.

I never image or network deploy I load it on the computer I will install it on. If the network hiccup when installing bam issues.

Now lots of people will say they do it and never had issues but then will post crashing issues later..

I have only had Inventor crash 3 times in all my years of using it. And 1 of the crashes I did.

You may want to try a repair..

Message 6 of 7
tda*!
in reply to: jletcher

So I copied the installation files off the network drive onto my computer. I just did a reinstall and none of the problems seem to be there. I think installing from the network seems like the most likely explanation to me. Thanks James.

Message 7 of 7
jletcher

Glad I can help...

Good luck have fun...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report