Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlink excel

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mlissak
2720 Views, 8 Replies

unlink excel

i have deleted the excel file from the ipt file but when i open the part file it is still looking for the excel file. i am using inv 10 sp1 and excel 2000
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mlissak

I'm thinking you also saved before reopening?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Did you try to break the link in the menu:
Edit > Links

This is new functionality in R10 which is intended to clean up stray OLE
links.

Bob
Message 4 of 9
mlissak

i am not abel to select break link
Message 5 of 9
ksa3d

i have the same issue... the break link button is greyed out
Message 6 of 9
jhackney

By just deleting the Excel file, the parameters table still has the folder set to use the data from the Excel sheet. If you open the parameters table (the function symbol in the parts menu) you will see the yellow highlighted parameters still linked to the deleted Excel sheet. To avoid this problem, do not delete the Excel file from the browser, go to the parameters table and right click on the parameter list coming from Excel and delete the folder. This assigns all used Excel spreadsheet parameters to User variables and eliminates the linked Excel spreadsheet for good.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Even for me it was greyed. I'm thinking there is an issue here. Need to find out more.... Thanks.

shekar
Message 8 of 9
wei
Contributor

Hello:

Did anybody sort out what to do with this issue?

I have the same problem. I deleted the excel file in the third party and deleted every table parameter in the Parameters Widow. (All them go to the User's Parameter Folder), But the linked excel file still in the window and the Edit/Links is grey.

Thanks!!

Wei

Message 9 of 9
Badams
in reply to: wei

Really Aurtodesk should have fixed this years ago.

To get rid of all the links at once type the below string into the command line > enter > save > exit dwg > re-open dwg.  

(dictremove (namedobjdict) "ACAD_DATALINK")

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report