Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unfolded sheet metal tilted

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
836 Views, 4 Replies

unfolded sheet metal tilted

Whenever I make a sheet metal part and unfold it, Inventor tilts the part at some random angle (roughly 8 degrees?). In order to generate a good drawing with orthoganal dimensions I have to rotate the part. Am I doing something wrong? I can't tell what is governing this behavior. 

thanks!

Jason

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forum, Can you upload the model ... First question I have is ...did you make the first extrusion on a plane... parallel and perpendicular constraints so it was squared up to UCS ?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thanks Michael. Here's my model. 

I believe the first extrusion is squared up to the origin planes. 

Message 4 of 5
-niels-
in reply to: Anonymous

From what i can tell it's only the flat pattern that's rotated.
This can be easily fixed, just right click on the flat pattern in the browser and select "edit flat pattern definition".
Then select an edge you would like to be horizontal.

As to why it starts at an angle, if you do not have any face selected when making the flat pattern Inventor will decide a reference on it's own.
Usually this is some edge, though i couldn't see any logical edge for the rotation in your part.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: -niels-

Perfect! Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report