Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with panning in Inventor 2013

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
goodman.tom
665 Views, 10 Replies

trouble with panning in Inventor 2013

Hello,

I think my install of student version Inv 2013 pro is ok. My issue is not being able to pan as in other Autodesk programs.

Pan will work only if I press enter after holding middle (wheel) button down, moving to desired location, release button.

Is this mouse problem, a graphics problem or what? These are my specs:

Win 7 pro

Intel core i5 3.1 ghz

8 gb ram

464 gd hdd

Radeon HD6350 512mb ram

Thanks for your help.

Tom

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
karthur1
in reply to: goodman.tom

Can you pan with other programs (adobe, autocad... anything)?

What kind of mouse are you using?  Is it wireless? Mayb its too far from USB port the doggle is plugged in.

Is it programmable?  Have you programmed the buttons by accident.

If you are using a wired one, try updating the driver. 

Message 3 of 11
goodman.tom
in reply to: karthur1

Hello Karthur1, I can pan with Autocad and Adobe reader. The mouse is a Dell model that came with the system. Wired not programmable. Updated the driver this am, the message was it is up to date. Tom
Message 4 of 11
karthur1

Strange.....Try doing a repair install.
Message 5 of 11
goodman.tom
in reply to: karthur1

Hi, I did a complete reinstall, no help. I did notice that I can pan, zoom & rotate in Inventor Fusion. I'm stumped. Maybe I'll try a new cordless mouse. Best, Tom
Message 6 of 11
sam_m

If you're suggesting that middle mouse does nothing then check your mouse properties that the middle mouse button is set to "middle mouse" or "mouse 3."  As an example - Logitec mice sometimes have "generic button" set to middle mouse and for some reason that used to cause problems which would be fixed by re-assigning the button to "middle mouse."

confused by the need to press enter (after clicking middle mouse) to get pan to work.  almost suggests that it's a mult-button command and you need it to be launched (by enter) to work.  Could make sure "Command alias input dialog" is turned off in Inventor Options -> General tab.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 7 of 11
goodman.tom
in reply to: sam_m

Hi, Tom here,

I checked my mouse button settings, middle button is set to middle button. Command alais input dialog box, unchecked.

Should I try a new mouse?

confused in GA

Tom

Message 8 of 11
JDMather

I'm curious how you discovered to hit Enter as that never would have occured to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 11
goodman.tom
in reply to: JDMather

Hello JD, I was just trying to make it work. It was a bit random. Best, Tom
Message 10 of 11
JDMather

I though maybe Inventor gave you some kind of clue that would give us a clue on how to resolve the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 11 of 11
goodman.tom
in reply to: JDMather

nope

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report