Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transparent part for an assembly

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
andrew.nao
1383 Views, 7 Replies

transparent part for an assembly

as you can see from the image, the blue cone isnt transparent. i set the material properties to "clear blue" to make it "see through", i want to show whats under the cone. however the cone isnt transparent. how can i get the cone to be transparent? is there a step im missing?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cwhetten
in reply to: andrew.nao

With the information you have given, I am going to assume that this is a single part file.  If so, you can't have both opaque and transparent features in the same part file.  If you want a certain item to be transparent, you have to make the entire part transparent.

So, your clear blue piece will have to be a separate part than your red piece.

If my assumption is incorrect, please post your parts here so we can help you better.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Message 3 of 8
Cadmanto

Andrew,

Not sure which version you are using, but in 2012 if you go here

clear.JPG

after selecting the part, if you select one of the transparent selections, it will be come transparent.  As you can see.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 8
andrew.nao
in reply to: Cadmanto

im using inventor 2014 it is a part, but in the image i posted, that is an assembly. i tried to make the cone part transparent. setting my properties of that part (the cone) to that which is shown (blue/clear) and the image is the result. its not transparent. i cant see thru it.
Message 5 of 8
JDMather

Attach the assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 8
andrew.nao
in reply to: JDMather

attached is the cone
Message 7 of 8
JDMather

First thing I notice is only one feature in the part.

What if you set the color at the part level rather than at the feature (Revolution) level?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 8
andrew.nao
in reply to: JDMather

thanks for the help, that was the trick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report