Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

translators

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
269 Views, 3 Replies

translators

I have to import multiple files from Solidworks.  I don't have any issues with that except that when I import these files they are base files.  All the intelligence is wiped out.  I know that Solidworks can import Inventor files and keep all of the intelligence in the file.  Does Autodesk have translator software that will allow the import of a solidworks file and keep the intelligence used to build the model?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I know that Solidworks can import Inventor files and keep all of the intelligence in the file. 

Since when?  What release of SolidWorks will retrieve Inventor features?

Maybe you are confused with FeatureWorks add-in.

Inventor equivalent -

Run the Feature Recognition add-in from http://labs.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

I just ran a test in SWx 2011 - it wasn't a direct conversion - feature recognition (attempt).
In Inventor or SolidWorks I would use the manual feature recognition rather than automatic as they don't do too well on all but the simplest of geometry in automatic mode.

Is SWx 2012 reading directly?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Let me rephrase my "I know" with I was told (by someone I thought I trusted) that they use a translator (purchased) for Solidworks that apparently imports Inventor files and spits them out as good SLDWKS files (fact or fiction not confirmed).  I have not confirmed this.  I cannot afford at this time to purchase SLDWKS to find out if true or not.  But I willl look into this feature recognition add-in for Inventor.  Thanks for the headsup on this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report