Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer data

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DeerSpotter
166 Views, 2 Replies

transfer data

I have a standard assembly that changes sizes with different configurations, and every time we have to re-draw and re-baloon every part to the BOM.

Is there a better way of doing this that we don't manually have to do this each time?

like maybe replacing the assembly inside the dwg so the baloons and dims auto update? i dunno any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mrattray
in reply to: DeerSpotter

You could try doing a save-as of the drawing and using the "replace model reference" command to change out to the new assembly. Just be sure not to get confused between save-as and save-copy-as, you don't want to end up mucking up an existing drawing.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 3
DeerSpotter
in reply to: mrattray

thank you! This is amazing, since my 2010 doesnt have it i used the "old trick" SInce my inventor version doesnt support it.

The old trick was to rename the original files, and force the drawing to ask you
for it's reference file.  You'd point it to the new copies, and you'd be off and
running (after renaming the originals again, of course).

source:

http://www.inventortales.com/2010/09/change-model-reference-making-switch.html

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

See My LinkedIn Profile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report