Contributor
marcin.blaszczyk
Message 1 of 2 (108 Views)

title block options

108 Views, 1 Replies
11-20-2013 11:06 PM

Hi once again,

I have two questions:

1) first one is not exactly about Inventor: how do you describe undefined surface roughness in your companies? are you adding surface roughness sign in right top area of sheet or are you including this into title block/drawing table? are you using surface sign or you are only specifying e.g "undefined surface roughness: Ra=3.2" ?.... can you post some samples?

2) question about editing title block: what is the best method to put surface sign into table? see attachment: I would like to have a possibility to put original inventor surface sign into table but it's grey in sketch mode, jpg is the only option here?

*Expert Elite*
-niels-
Message 2 of 2 (96 Views)

Re: title block options

11-20-2013 11:35 PM in reply to: marcin.blaszczyk
I can't answer your first question, since we hardly use the surface symbol on our drawings, the people in the shop know what to do and it's not critical information for our products.

But for your 2nd question, i found that the font "GENISO" holds the surface symbol. (though it's the symbol for square root actually)
Just check windows's special characters tool.

Using IV2014 Pro SP2, Win7-64bit

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube