Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text size

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
eveylynne
834 Views, 3 Replies

text size

I need to emboss the word "entrance" on a massive part.  When editing the text, I can't get it to go any larger than 16.383" in the format text window.

I need it to be about 2x larger in order for it to be seen correctly.  How can I get around this limit, without drawling the text myself?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: eveylynne

I think this is a Windows limit for text. I might create the text at the 1/2" size as a single IPT and then derive/scale to get the final size. Then place the part (IPT) file in your assembly.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4

Hi eveylynne,

I've never noticed this before, but I just tested it and saw similar results. I'm not sure why it's holding that value.

As a workaround try this:

Create your text as 10" (or some even, easily scaled number)

Then use the Scale tool (found on the Modify panel of the Sketch tab)

Enter a Scale Factor to get your desired size or just eyeball it.

Once it scaled up it appears you can set the value by editing the text again.

Strange behavior, but it seemed to work.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 4
swhite
in reply to: eveylynne

Type the size in decimal inches 24.0, 22.5, etc and it will work fine, do not use the inch (") marks. You may need to finish the text edit then re-edit and retypr the number to set it. After the first time it works no problems. If you still have problems it could be your font choice. Not all fonts are truely scalable, some have set size limits and some are still bitmap fonts and not true type fonts (years of being a graphic designer)

text size.PNG

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report