Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

template issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
skumar26
277 Views, 2 Replies

template issue

Hi all, I am facing a problem. I ma using INV 12 and my tamplate style is not working. I mean when I go into the template location thru window explorer and double click the template .idw. it works. all the dimeison color and thicknes are gud but when i open it thru inventor, the lines color and thickness are something else as if these have never been modified. in the project window all links are correct. Any idea why is it happening. Please advise. s.k

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: skumar26

I would try opening the IDW through Windows Explorer and do a Save-As> Save Copy as Template to your Template directory. It really sounds like you're picking up a file in a different directory.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
skumar26
in reply to: blair

Thanks Blair,

it worked.

However the surpising part is that I was picking up the right file from the right directory. I have noticed one thing that was creating problem. I reckon the person who had created template didn't save it as a template in the directory. He must have saved it as just SAVE AS. I have noticed that on save as the template doesn't work when opened thru inventor. However thru window it is working fine.

I couldn't understand the concept behind it. Fnally on saving it as template is working. 🙂 Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report