Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch from inventor to Inventor Studio takes perhaps 30 min - what´s wrong

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
markus.hofmarcher
752 Views, 13 Replies

switch from inventor to Inventor Studio takes perhaps 30 min - what´s wrong

hi everybody

to open my assambly it takes 1,5min but to switch into Studio i´ll wait 30min and longer - so my boss ask what can i do optimize the performence . will a better hardware bring a faster change to Studio - if yes what would you advise ? is the graphiccard the problem? the RAM? the CPU ??

it contains 1000 part and video length is 30 seconds 1 camera with 10 different position´s

thanks for reading this and i hope there is any helper there

nice greetings from Austria

majoho3000

HP ZBook 17 G5 INTEL(R) CORE(TM) I7-8850H CPU @ 2.60GHZ, 32GB RAM, Quadro P5200
Inventor 2019
Win10 64bit
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
blair
in reply to: markus.hofmarcher

Laptops, generally don't have the performance of a desktop. Slower components to increase battery life.

You should be able to get an idea of your machines performance from: Start>Control Panel>Performance and Information Tools. This will give you a rating of the various components in your machine along with an overal rating.

Included is one from my desk-top machineCapture.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 14

Spoiler

Hi Blair

We can only take hp workstation Z420 so my question is:

the standard is an E5-2603 xeon CPU  bad or good ?

Quadro 4000 good ?

8GB Ram enough ?

harddisk is a 256GB SSD

what would you propose to change ?

Inventor 2019
Win10 64bit
Message 4 of 14

hi blair here are the correct infos of my current system and the possible configuration of a new workstation

Inventor 2019
Win10 64bit
Message 5 of 14
blair

Something else is hanging this up, your system performance looks great.

Do you have Administrative prilvedges on your machine or are you just set up as a Standard User?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 14
markus.hofmarcher
in reply to: blair

Sorry i´ve no Administrative prilvedges - why ist this important ?

Inventor 2019
Win10 64bit
Message 7 of 14
blair

There are "Registry" items that get written and at least Power User is required. You should be able to have your IT department give your "Administrative" at the local machine level. We do it all the time here. Have your IT people log-in on your machine with Admin privileges and try it.

Somewhere in the Autodesk Inventor requirements it's listed at least Power User and preferable Admin

Maybe a 30 seconds delay switching enviroments.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 14

Perhaps modeling practices are to blame? Do you use lots of adaptivity, is everything fully constrained (assemblies and sketches), are there any errors shown in the design doctor, etc.? Tell us more about the model, how did you build it?

Edit: Don't discount Blair's suggestion, Power User is a requirement. I have full Admin on my machine, and upper management here is paranoid.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 9 of 14
blair

Post a screen capture of the model is possible. It would give us a better idea of what you are up against.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 14

Hi everybody

to change me into Admin doesn´t bring me faster into Studio

my screenshot has been censored by my department so you can´t see really very much

there are no adaptivities, it´s everything fully constrained, no red cross in the design doctor

the hole building is depending on 1 masterpart - the upper 14 level are iassembly - the other part are very easy single part without complex geometric only the backside is a trapezoidal sheet

according my IT department i can´t get Admin permanently

currently i´ll wait 50min to switch into studio

next i will derive pretty much i can and modify the assembly structure

Inventor 2019
Win10 64bit
Message 11 of 14
blair

Possibly try a different file and see if the problem is the same or just this model. Even try the sample autodesk files.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 14
sam_m

let's think about the problem and the variables at play...

pc:

is it working at its potential?  updated Windows and all drivers (not just graphics, but chipset, mouse, spaceball, soundcard, etc.  EVERYTHING).

Inventor:

is it all up to date?

was it installed in the correct way?  (with an admin account, UAC off, anti-virus off) could be issues with a corrupted installation?

other sotware:

kill off anything else running on the pc, just in case there's some problems.  no internet, no email, no music, etc.

anti-virus:

Do you have active "on demand" anti virus running?  With all the interlinked files in an Inventor assembly it can so it down a lot by having all files scanned evertime they're loaded/accessed.  So remove all Inventor files from the active scanner by adding ipt, iam, idw, etc. to the anti-virus exclusion list.  Could also try disabling the entire Anti Virus to see if it makes a difference at all?

Inventor's files:

are they all on the network or running local?  if they're networked then how's the network performance?  Could try a Pack & Go to a local directory, unplug the network cable and see if it's any better there - thus determines if it's a network issue.

Design Data, materials and textures - are these networked or local.  As above - try them locally?

All your parts migrated, purged, and clean, etc?  standards all migrated?

Do you have the studio delay with all files?  a single ipt still cause this problem or a new iam?  ie this problem could be either part of a global problem and you'll have the delay with any inventor file no matter the complexity, or it could be 1 component in the assembly causing issues, or it's a slight delay with each file and you're being hit by a cumulation of all slight delays because it's a large assembly?

just some ideas to throw out there...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 13 of 14

hi everybody

after checking driver and anti-virus i start to modify my assembly

first all parts they wouldn´t change in the animation i made a derived part  - no change

i delete part by part from the assembly but the swichting into studio became not faster

i think the problem are the fade-out and fade-in

there more then 150 part i´d fade-out and fade-in time by time

maybe the assembly is too big for inventor studio

Inventor 2019
Win10 64bit
Message 14 of 14

Hi everybody

after i delete nearly all fades, the switch into studio takes only 10-15min

i pushed all part, those who can´t see at start, out of the camera area.

Thanks for your help

majoho from austria

ps: sorry for my bad English

Inventor 2019
Win10 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report