Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

style editor

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
trenthoskings
1540 Views, 8 Replies

style editor

How do i display all the Colors & Materials in the Style Editor for Inventor 2013.I only have Lighting and Default option available

Cheers

Trent

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
trumpy81
in reply to: trenthoskings

At the Top Left of the Window you should see 'Material' and 'Appearance' to the left of each of these boxes are round icons. The 'Pizza' icon to the left of 'Material' is the materials editor button and the rainbow coloured button to the left of 'Appearance' is the Appearance editor button.

If you don't see these, they may be switched off in which case, click on the small triangle beside the cross and select, Materials browser, Materials etc....

HTH

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 3 of 9
trenthoskings
in reply to: trumpy81

I have all those active but i cannot seem to get any of the materials and colors in the Styles Editor (manage tab).I attached another picture (2a) of what i have available in my Style Editor.I found a picture on here of what i want the Style Editor to show (2b)

Cheers

Trent

Message 4 of 9
trumpy81

The manage tab is no longer used. This is part of Autodesks revamp of the Materials and Appearance handling in all Autodesk products, to make them more compatible with each other.

If you are thinking that the job is only half done, don't worry, you're not alone .... lol 🙂

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 5 of 9
ptt50794

Unable to see different material styles within the style editor, I'm only presented with lighting. whats the cause of this and how do you overcome this issue?

Message 6 of 9
trumpy81

You will find that the materials and appearance styles have been moved, they are no longer in the 'styles' editor. Instead, look to the quick access toolbar (top left of window). To the left of the 'Material' textbox is a pizza like icon, that is the materials editor. To the left of the 'Appearance' text box is a rainbow coloured pizza icon, that is the appearance editor.

Be prepared for more surprises 😉

Regards
Andy M
Message 7 of 9

In Inventor 2012 you were able to edit the scale of a pattern (ie Expanded Metal) in the "Styles Editor".  Now you only see "Lighting" as a editable option.  Is there any way to edit the scale in Inventor 2013?

Thanks

Message 8 of 9
RobJV
in reply to: DPLOWMAN5757

I too am getting used to the new way in 2013.  You might want to try using help and typing in appearances.

Use the "adjust" icon for this.

Rob

Message 9 of 9
DPLOWMAN5757
in reply to: RobJV

The way to change the scale of a texture is as follows:

1)click on "appearances"

2)find the material you wish to edit (ie Expanded Metal 02)

3)double click the material

4)under "cutouts" to the right click the arrow & select "edit image"

5)under "scale" you can input the required scale

**See attached Pic**

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report