Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stud & nut sizes

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Greg__Reynolds
2299 Views, 9 Replies

stud & nut sizes

i`ve model a basic part in which i have created 6 wheel studs.I have questions as i am new to the content centre for placing parts in the assembly

a) The studs have a diameter of 15mm.How do i select the correct size nut to fit the 15mm stud

b) How do i select the correct diameter stud in the first place.Are there charts for stud sizes?

Any assistance i would be grateful as i am learning

Greg

Using Inventor 2013

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Paul-Mason
in reply to: Greg__Reynolds

What you have create is a PART FILE NOT a content center item.

You need to use PLACE PART then do a CIRCULAR PATTERN

The part will be locate in the PROJECT FILE that was created  either by you or in the default one.

Have a look at the help files its all in there.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 3 of 10
Cadmanto

Greg,

The great thing about the content center is if you have your hole sized properly in your assembly part, the CC

makes an assumption based on that hole size.  So, like I said if the hole is sized correctly the stud will correctly and thus when you go to place the nut and washers those too will size according to the previous hardware.

Understand when you go to place the stud pick the hole to get it to size properly.  Then pick the stud diameter to get the washer/nut to size properly.  Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 10

The Studs part (attached 1st post) will be placed into an assembly file then also a rim/tyre placed onto the studs part in the same assembly file and then i want to use the content centre to place the nuts onto the studs.Have i got this wrong?

My query is 

a) How do i find Stud sizes...how do i find what size stud to suit a ANSI M16 Nut 

b) From within the assembly level how do i place the correct size nut to suit the Stud...

Cheers

Greg

Message 5 of 10
Greg__Reynolds
in reply to: Cadmanto

thanks Scott

I posted as your reply came through.I actually did not place the stud from the CC.I just use an extrusion of 15mm diameter in the part level.Is it best to use Studs from the CC?

Is there a chart where if i use the extrusion method that it gives the correct diameter to use so that when i select a nut from the CC it will pick the correct size?

Still learning so looking for best method

Thanks Scott

Greg

Message 6 of 10
Cadmanto

Greg,

You can use a chart from either the engineers edge website or the machinerys handbook.

Or you can publish the stud to the content center then everything can be dragged from the CC.

Then what I posted in my first response will work.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 10
Greg__Reynolds

Thanks Scott

I had a quick play with the CC.I place a bolt and then a nut was placed automatically according to the bolt size.The Tree shows that they matched..I did a quick analyse of the bolt & nut...there was interference...is this normal for Bolt & Nut from CC ?

Greg

Message 8 of 10
Cadmanto

Yes, because what you have to remember is how the thread is shown.  OD (major diameter) of the bolt versus the ID (minor diameter) of the nut is what is causing the interference.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 10
Greg__Reynolds

Scott,Thank you

Greg

Message 10 of 10
Cadmanto

Greg,

You are welcome.  Glad I was able to help.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report