Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spring roll pins (coiled)

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
msklein
1456 Views, 10 Replies

spring roll pins (coiled)

Anybody know where i can find models for coiled style spring pins.  I can find roll pins but not coiled.

thanks

msk

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
sysh
in reply to: msklein

I attached a part file here. Is this exactly what you wanted?  If yes, then you can find them from Content Center.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 11
msklein
in reply to: sysh

STUPID ME, I forgot to post my version. Thanks for the help but I guess you're on 2011 and we decided to skip and wait for 2012 to load upgrade. I'll go back and double check content center, I looked there and could not see the rolled coil style I was looking for.

MSK

Message 4 of 11
sysh
in reply to: msklein

Do you use Inv 2010? I attach another two parts based on 2010. But I 'm not sure if they are exactly what you wanted. I find them from content center (Fasteners / Pins / Cylindrical  (Pin-Coiled Spring and Pin-Slotted Spring).

Hope that Helps. 

Thanks.

Message 5 of 11
msklein

Yes, we use IV2010 and when I looked in Content Center I missed them. When I went back and looked yesterday I did find coiled roll pins in there, don't know how I missed them the first time. Just blind I guess.

MSK

Message 6 of 11
Fori123

might be a silly question but i am looking in the content center because i want to add them to my companies custom content center and cannot find them.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 11
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Fori123

Hi Fori123,

In the Place From Content Center dialog box, or the Open From Content Center dialog box, there is a search button (looks like a magnifying glass). You can use this to search for "Spring Pin" and/or "Coiled Pin"

Or look in Fasteners > Pins > Cylindrical

You might need to click the filter button (looks like a funnel) and deselect any filters you have applied.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 8 of 11
Fori123
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thank you so much. I was able to find them, now comes the task of learning how to add them to my companies custom defined content center.

Message 9 of 11
cmharb

in CC right click on the part in question... select copy to, and select the CC DB you want a copy of it in. Done.

w7u-64sp1,iv14,intel.xeon.e5-2620 0 @2.00 2.00-32gb,gtx560-4gb
Message 10 of 11
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 11 of 11
Fori123
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report