Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[solved] How to precisely move a part in an assembly file? [solved]

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1849 Views, 2 Replies

[solved] How to precisely move a part in an assembly file? [solved]

Hi

I have finished all my parts and now i have to assemble them. I normally just use the constrain tools, but this time i need to set a part in mid air. I would like to use the move tool, but with exact xyz coordinates. I only seem to be able to do that with  an UCS (coordinate system), not the part itself. I guess it's just a button i'm missing somewhere, i'm not very good at this yet.. Would really apprichiate some help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Nevermind, I managed to assemble parts to the UCS, can't believe it took me so long to find out. Sorry to bother you.

Message 3 of 3
waynehelley
in reply to: Anonymous

You mention using the UCS which means User Coordinate System.  This tool creates a user defined origin and set of axies.

You might find it tidier to use the default origin and set of axies in your model.  For example create a constraint but for one of the entries, select one of the origin planes from the browser on your left hand side.

If you create a constrain for a part to all 3 planes, the part will be fully constrained.

Wayne Helley
Inventor 2013 Certified Professional

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2023
Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report