Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulation of bevel gears using contact rather than transitional constraints

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
martinmmcd
1375 Views, 3 Replies

simulation of bevel gears using contact rather than transitional constraints

Sorry if this is a very basic question but have been stuck on this for a few days now:  I'm trying to run a simulation of 2 bevel gears without using the transitional/rotation constraint, but using the contact between the surfaces to simulate the rotation of the gears - basically I have an L-shaped shaft running through both centers and want to have the upper gear grounded, make the lateral gear rotate around its own axis - the goal is simply to see the contact between the gears make the side gear rotate around the  vertical part of the l-shaped shaft, due to the contact forces.  I think I may need to review the definition of contact types, but not really sure what to do.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: martinmmcd

Why not use the Rotational/Translation constraint?

Did you model the gears or are they Design Accelerator created?

The DA gears are approximations and probably won't work well with Contact Sets as they already interfer.

Attach your assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
martinmmcd
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JD,

thanks for the reply - that makes sense, there's just too much interference, I'll see if I can't get the same result using the constraints.

Martin

Message 4 of 4
jerryyang95130
in reply to: JDMather

use drive constraint instead!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report