Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulation error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nicu_bogd
488 Views, 4 Replies

simulation error

Hello, I want to create a simple animation but i get an error with a constraint. I made the assembly and when i rotate the crankshaft using the mouse it works but when I go to dynamic simulation i get an error with one constraint. I don't know what to do to fix that and to set a motion movement to crankshaft.

There is the assembly and its components.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: nicu_bogd

Have you installed Service Packs 1 and 2?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

I thought I was going to have more time on this to show you solution - but I got tied up in other work.

You have more constraints on the parts than needed to limit the degrees of freedom.

The crank should have one revolution DOF to convert to Revolution Joint - I think you have that.

The connecting rod to crank should have one revolution DOF to convert to Revolution Joint - I think you have that, plus a translational DOF.

The piston and piston pin should not have any relative DOF to each other - I think you have that.

The piston should have constraints that result in 1 translational DOF that will convert to Prismatic Joint - I don't think you have that.

I think you have the connecting rod overconstrained to the piston pin.

I would first try only a point to axis constraint.

or

point to point

or

axis to axis.

The connecting rod  translation DOF along Z is already constrained at the crank end - so does not need to be constrained at the piston pin end of the rod.

I will try to get back to this tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 5
nicu_bogd

I am out of ideas. I tried so many ways but nothing.

I don't know how to create a revolution join. In the image bellow are all the joins that i can use. What is the revolution join?

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

What book are you using to learn Inventor Dynamic Simulation?

When you have Inventor set to automatically convert assembly constraints to DS Joints - those that Inventor can convert will not be in that list.  You need to set to Manual Joints to see the list of all possible joints.

I will post screen shots and solution later - if someone doesn't jump in here and provide the information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report