Inventor General

Mentor
safiredesignengineers
Message 1 of 4 (366 Views)

sheet metal fold simulation software

366 Views, 3 Replies
12-16-2012 08:43 AM

hi group

does anyone know of a low cost or free software program that could simulate folding of sheet metal patterns so I can work out the best fold sequence eliminating collisions etc.. Based on my stock tooling shapes and sizes and machine limitations?

Regards Adrian

Active Contributor
stephenrottloff7259
Message 2 of 4 (316 Views)

Re: sheet metal fold simulation software

12-18-2012 05:10 AM in reply to: safiredesignengineers

I am not aware of anything low cost or free that has what you are asking for.  What I do for simple iterations or interference checking is have our tooling exported from our forming software via SAT format, then bring that into Inventor.  This allows a rudimentary way to simulate the forming processes and allows you to fix interferences when they crop up, but it's not automated.  For the complex stuff, we use the forming software exclusively.

Hope this is helpful.

Mentor
safiredesignengineers
Message 3 of 4 (304 Views)

12-18-2012 07:02 AM in reply to: stephenrottloff7259

Hi Stephen

thankyou for your reply, I find it takes a long time in inventor to set up and try different ways of part folding to find the best way.

regards Adrian

amjad357
Message 4 of 4 (239 Views)

01-30-2013 03:21 AM in reply to: safiredesignengineers

yes there is software

plate;n;sheet version 4.0

its very easy to use..and its free....

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube