Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shape

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
tborland
794 Views, 19 Replies

shape

As a practice model i copied the shape from a real part at work.It is very close to the shape but i am having trouble getting the throat region accurate on 1 side.The real part looks pressed.Maybe it is not posible to get the throat the sane shape on either side

Maybe another technique can achieve..is this achievable?

Inventor 2013

TB

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
tborland
in reply to: tborland

I was really hoping the much more experienced users could offer there advice/opinion on whether this is achievable....is using surface modelling a better option???.....any help would be appreciated

TB

Message 3 of 20
blair

You Loft5 stops and should really continue on further which is why you have the straight line break/stop instead of it tapering out.

The Coil>Spiral>Cut may work better for you than the loft (Spiral only works with a growing spiral, you should be able to position the start of the coil where your Sketch39.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 20
tborland
in reply to: blair

Thank you

If possible would like to see the Coil>Spiral>Cut to this model.I am honestly not sure how to use the mentioned featured on this part.Would appreciated some further help with this please

Thanks again

Message 5 of 20
blair

Use the Help from within Inventor, it will take you to the Autodesk-Wiki Help, search "Coil"

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 20
tborland

Hi Blair

I viewed the wiki-help on coil...i still do not see how the Coil>Spiral>Cut would work for this model..

Thanks

Tony

Message 7 of 20
blair

The item done with the Loft can be created as a Coil>Spiral appears that it's not a constant radius but has a pitch. I would have done this first as a solid shape, then the main body as a revolution. Then a revolution cut to hollow out the main body and last a coil spiral cut again to hollow out the transition and finish off the elbow as a sweep.

The nice thing with Inventor, is there are a number of ways to get to the finished product. You do have a problem with the Loft as it should finish with an elliptical shape on the side wall and not a straight vertical line.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 20
tborland

Ok i used the coil>spiral then the revolution...before i progress further is this what you are referring to...please see attached

Thanks

Message 9 of 20
blair

Yes, I assume that the in-feed tube has as a pitch to it, or is it a fixed radius, but with it's center point off-center from the main body?

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 20
tborland

Ok ..  it has a fixed radius the in-feed tube..i added the sweep for the elbow but it does not finish well at the front....it is close to the real model..just need the crease to somehow continue a bit with  a smooth finish

Is this on the correct track...what would recommend please

Thanks

Message 11 of 20
blair

Leave it with me for a while, I think that this might have to be converted to a surface model and patches done to get the blend and then back to a solid.

I tried some delete face and heal, but it's hung up my system.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 20
tborland

Greetings Blair

I would truly appreciate the model when you do get a chance.Surfaces is 1 tool i would like to learn

Best Regards

Tony

Message 13 of 20
tborland

Hi

I attempted to create this shape with surfaces.Having not done before this is as far as i can go at this point...is this how you are going to create the shape with surfaces?

It would be nice to get this hape correct.

Thanks again

Message 14 of 20
tborland

Hi Blair

Just a quick question

1. Was the attached surface model how you would make the model?

2. Will you be able to post your attempt anytime soon

Thank you

Message 15 of 20
blair

I haven't even had time to look at doing anything on this (some of us work 6 days a week and do this to fill in the remainder of the time).

You should be starting to coil the other way. You will still have a problem with the transition of the "Feed Tube" into the body. Either this needs to have a pitch (increasing in radius) or the center of the "Feed-Tube" can't be at the same point as the center of the body.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 16 of 20
tborland

Hi Blair

Yes i appreciate any help you offer.....you guys are generous in devoting your time with help.....i will just keep checking back just in case you may find some time.If not i understand you are too busy

Best Regards

TB

Message 17 of 20
tborland

Here is the section i am having trouble creating....is this for surfaces to get the correct appearance?

Thanks

Message 18 of 20
tborland

I made a little further progress.I would sure like some help with this.If i can get the throat section correct the rest i can finish..I am not familiar with surfaces but i have tried to use for this section but ubfortunately do not know how to get it to look like the picture attach..

Can someone help with this section so as to create like in the picture

Thanks alot

Tony

Message 19 of 20
tborland

Is there any reason why i cannot get any help on this part (surface part - picture included)...maybe i should just forget asking

I understand and appreciate any help but i see other post getting help which are no more dificult then this request...if it is not possible to achieve i would rather someone say and i will stop asking

Merry christmas to you all

Tony

Message 20 of 20
blair

1.) When people post with files "created with educational version", people are reluctant to do the students work. This shows the tube with the proper transistion/blend into the body.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report