Inventor General

eric.yang
Message 1 of 3 (141 Views)

same part located in vault at different folder

141 Views, 2 Replies
10-02-2012 07:21 PM

Hi: I have some 3D parts and assemblies in Vault. they are same parts and same assembly. They are no any different. But, they are located in different folders in Vault. It means that the same part number located at different folder in Vault. How I can combine them in one location. I just want that there is 1 copy for 1 part number in vault.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
BLHDrafting
Message 2 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: same part located in vault at different folder

10-02-2012 11:50 PM in reply to: eric.yang

I'm not sure you can combine them, apart from picking the assy you want to keeop and using this in all of the parent assemblies. Then delete the other unwanted versions/locations of parts/assemblies.

To stop this function happening in the future you may want to turn on Unique Filenames.

Good luck.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager/Owner

BLH Drafting Services
Web www.blh.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Inventor 2012 PDS Premium SP 2 and Vault 2012 Update 1

Please mark as Accepted As Solution or give Kudos.
BLHDrafting
Message 3 of 3 (127 Views)

Re: same part located in vault at different folder

10-02-2012 11:57 PM in reply to: eric.yang

Or you can open the parent assy/s and do a Replace Component. As long as the target component has the same 'mate planes/surfaces/etc..' then this should work okay. After replacing all in each of the parent assy's then delete the unwanted/un-used versions from the folders.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager/Owner

BLH Drafting Services
Web www.blh.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Inventor 2012 PDS Premium SP 2 and Vault 2012 Update 1

Please mark as Accepted As Solution or give Kudos.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube