Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

routed system styles

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Winks87
243 Views, 2 Replies

routed system styles

Have a question about routed system pipe - do I have to create a new style (family of parts) for each material required?  I cant select or change the material after I place parts?

James Winkler
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Winks87

@Winks87 wrote:

Have a question about routed system pipe - do I have to create a new style (family of parts) for each material required?  I cant select or change the material after I place parts?

Are you talking about PARTS or Tube & Pipe styles, because the answer for both is yes.  You should have a Content Center library of parts for every material you are going to use.  For one thing, your part numbers or stock numbers are going to be different for each material.  And for Tube & Pipe Styles, you have to specify in each one which fittings and conduit to use, so those will be material specific as well.

If you create these in the Tube & Pipe template you should only have to do this once.  This file is called "Piping Runs.iam" and is usually found in the Design Data folder.  Set up all of your styles here, and when you start your first pipe run in an assembly, it will pull in this file and all of your styles will be there.

And as for changing after the part is placed... yes, you can change a fitting out after it is placed, but only if the new fitting you want is already authored and published in the Content Center.  You cannot simply change the material of a Content Center part, they are read only.

Message 3 of 3
Winks87
in reply to: cbenner

Thank you.

James Winkler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report