Inventor General

jsauers
Message 1 of 6 (164 Views)

rotate a pattern

164 Views, 5 Replies
07-02-2004 08:34 AM
I have a pattern that I created on a part. what I would like to do is rotate the pattern some 14 deg so I don't have to redraw it on the other side of the part. Is this possible?
Distinguished Contributor
bill.costello
Message 2 of 6 (164 Views)

Re: rotate a pattern

07-02-2004 10:25 AM in reply to: jsauers
Can you post the part ?
Can you not just rotate the original feature that the pattern was created from, assuming it was either dimensioned or constrained with a possible future move in mind, then the whole pattern will update.
*Larry Caldwell
Message 3 of 6 (164 Views)

07-02-2004 10:29 AM in reply to: jsauers
You can rotate the sketch for the base feature. Least that's the way I do it.Usually make sketch features connected to dimmed construction lines, so their easy to rotate if find I want them changed. ~Larry "jsauers" wrote in message news:7535656.1088782492294.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have a pattern that I created on a part. what I would like to do is rotate the pattern some 14 deg so I don't have to redraw it on the other side of the part. Is this possible?
jsauers
Message 4 of 6 (164 Views)

07-02-2004 11:05 AM in reply to: jsauers
I cannot post the drawing, it is too large even when I zip it
nstalker
Message 5 of 6 (100 Views)

09-27-2013 05:25 AM in reply to: jsauers

I would also like to know how to do this.  I imported a STEP file and patterned it.  Now I want to rotate it.  I like how in AutoCAD you just type rotate and it does what you tell it to.  I wish Inventor were as intuitive as AutoCAD.

nstalker
Message 6 of 6 (92 Views)

09-27-2013 05:33 AM in reply to: nstalker

I ended removing the pattern.  I rotated the original part using grip snap and then redid the pattern selecting the column direction on the angle I wanted.  Still I wish it was as easy as AutoCAD.  In AutoCAD you don't have to backtrack as much because all commands are available to you all the time.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube