Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revision tables not equal per sheet

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jbelle7435
457 Views, 6 Replies

revision tables not equal per sheet

I made my own revision table for my template and been working out fine.

When I add a 2nd sheet the revision table is not there and when I load one my selecting the revision button andt he revision text box appears and I hit ok a different revision table appears??

Inventor 2012
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ccoomes
in reply to: jbelle7435

I looked at this sort of thing before and had the same problem.

From memory, try setting it up in the Styles Manager or (If you Can) update the Styles Manager to the one you want to use.

If you modify the Revisoin table on the sheet, and then try to insert it from the style manager, it remembers what is set-up in the styles manager and not on your drawing sheet.

Message 3 of 7
jbelle7435
in reply to: ccoomes

I followed you and when I tried saving as a template for next time it did not work with a new drawing. I think because my "Style manager" is read only.

update: I noticed the "all styles" needs to be selected to use instead of the default. Might help...

Inventor 2012
Message 4 of 7
cbenner

Must be noted also, that if you edit your rev table (or anything) in styles editor, you also have to set that modified style as the default under Object Defaults.  (also found in the style editor).

Set these in your drawing templates, and they will be there for any new drawings you create.

def.JPG

Message 5 of 7
jbelle7435
in reply to: cbenner

After 15-20 of playing around in that area I got my own Standard(dims and rev tables) for once instead of always going to "edit layers" and updating my standard each time i.e .xxx dims!!!

Thanks

Inventor 2012
Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

Are you using Vault?  Does your revision block have smarts?  Meaning, do the revisions automatically update when you add a revision row?  I know with our formats we just have the revision block on the forst sheet with sheet two saying "SEE SHEET 1", but ours do not have smarts to them because that was giving us fits when it came to the vault interaction.   We are running 2012 as well.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 7
jbelle7435
in reply to: Cadmanto

I don't want to get fancy. If its blank then it needs to be filled in by the user and they should understand revs if they are working on these dwgs

Inventor 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report