Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replace model reference size limit 2011?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
warrentdo
248 Views, 4 Replies

replace model reference size limit 2011?

Do we have a size limit of the models using replace model reference?

Just done a little testing with some iam's

Anything larger that 500 parts and the drawing does nothing, no replace..

Regards

Warren,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: warrentdo

Warren,

Not that I am aware of.  Seems to me this might have something more to do with the size/complexity of the models going out and coming in.  What are your system specs?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
warrentdo
in reply to: Cadmanto

system not that bad, tried on a few different machines and the same. Anything bigger than 2500 parts falls over.

Typo in the first post.

The work around is the old remane on D, but dont resolve, just remain the name like for like but it is a bit of a pian when vaults involved.

Cheers

Warren.

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: warrentdo

Do you have Vault in place?  I say that because as you mention the rename which I take as possible a copy save as.  In vault there is a command called copy design that may or may not work for you.

I have to tell you, I have never heard of a case where a model assembly of the size you are talking about needing to be swapped out or replaced by another.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
warrentdo
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hello, its quite common really. We have two very similar machines. You detail one up, copy the drawing and replace referance the machine. That why you don't have to detail up the second drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report