Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

r2015 CTD on Copy Object from CE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JDMather
244 Views, 2 Replies

r2015 CTD on Copy Object from CE

Expand the Construction folder.

Right click and try to Copy Object the surface geometry to the modeling environment.

or go to Construction Environment and try Stitching the surfaces.

I get a crash to desktop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rdyson
in reply to: JDMather

I was able to stitch the surfaces into a solid and 2 surfaces that I couldn't find but could delete.
I reopened and tried to copy object and got the CTD without CER

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 3
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: rdyson

JD,

Thanks for sending this in - I've logged a defect for the crash - I was able to get a CER so we can investigate further.

I was also able to get what seems to be a valid solid though. I went to construction environment & unstitched everything. Then did a quality check on all surfaces, then restitched using a tolerance of 0.004in. Then I could copy that body to back to the part modeling environment. I then used the repair environment to highlight a couple of problems areas, (highlighted with yellow surfaces in the attached). I unstitched, deleted those & then recreated using a boundary patch. Ensure to uncheck the automatic edge chain as there as some very small edges which you should make sureare included for the boundary patch definition.

Where was this data originally created ?

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report