Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"the browser"?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DIVERSEN
248 Views, 2 Replies

"the browser"?

I've not used Inventor in the past but have used Pro E and SolidWorks.  I'm going through the Inventor 2012 Tutorials on a 30 day trial version of the S/W.  While editing a sketch (sk1), the instructions refer to going to the Options folder of "the browser".  I cannot find anything called a browser or an Options folder in any of the ribbon panels, pull downs, etc..  When I go to "Help" and search "browser" I find a listing of several browsers and the functions they contain, but not how to find the browser. 

I am envisioning that this "browser" is a window/panel on the left side of the screen, similar to what Pro E and SolidWorks use, to enable the designer to track and edit elements of a model after it is created.  I may be wrong about this, but at any rate, the time I have spent searching for it has been somewhat wasted.Smiley Frustrated

I apologize if this is a silly problem to experienced Inventor users, but I would appreciate some help, as I am not able to proceed through the tutorials.  I may have to recommend SolidWorks even though we have several seats of Autodesk S/W.Smiley Wink

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi DIVERSEN,

It sounds like maybe you've accidentally closed the model browser. To get it back you can go to the View tab on the ribbon and click the User Interface dropdown, and the set the check box for the Browser.

If this is not what you're after, you might post a link to the tutorial page you're referring to and/or a screen shot of your Inventor screen.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Browser.png

Message 3 of 3

Thank you for the prompt and helpful support.Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report