Inventor General

*Rowland
Message 11 of 15 (2,014 Views)

Re: "no registered jit debugger was specified"

01-12-2010 06:40 AM in reply to: bboice007
On 1/12/2010 8:27 AM, bboice007 wrote:

> Dear Autodesk, so far I have lost 400 dollars worth of work because of this.... I have a customers who want drawings yesterday and I can updated the models. Do you think maybe I should move to Solid Works?

Just in case, don't expect Adesk to read this message...they are not
required to.

Basically you are asking the end users here if you should move over to
the dark side.
Valued Mentor
Mike.Wohletz
Message 12 of 15 (2,014 Views)

01-12-2010 06:52 AM in reply to: bboice007
I am guessing that you did add remove programs to remove the software? I have had an issue that required removing Inventor and reinstalling and the steps that my VAR gave me were as follows.
1. Do add remove products and remove all Inventor related items
2. Go to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk" and delete the Inventor 2009 folder and any contents
3. Go to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk" and delete the Inventor 2009 folder
4. Go to "%homepath%\AppData\Local\Autodesk" and delete the Inventor 2009 folder
5. Open regedit and remove "KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion13.0"
6. Open regedi and remove "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion13.0"
7. Reboot machine
8. Disable any antivirus software and then reinstall the product.

My problem was related to content center and removing the product and reinstalling fixed nothing.
Please not I would always use caution when dealing with the registry and before doing anything create a system check point at minimum.
Good luck to you
Mike
p.s.
don't move to the dark side.
Contributor
Message 13 of 15 (2,014 Views)

01-12-2010 07:21 AM in reply to: bboice007
Thank you so much Mike I will try that tonight after I get back from the clients site...appreciate it.

I was able to get Inventor to work on a diffrent profile but only after reinstaling and then creating a new profile. What good is it because now I have e-mail to transfer and other file I have to move to the public directory ...geezz what a freeking hassel..

I am posting this only because it appears to be a new issue as I don't see it on this board anywhere so lets hope Autodesk reads it....guyz don't take it personal.
*Rowland
Message 14 of 15 (2,014 Views)

01-12-2010 07:33 AM in reply to: bboice007
lol, not taking it personal!

Alot of people post here thinking Adesk will respond. They provided
this for users to answer other users issues, not as a means of notifying
them of a new problem.

Unless they get involved (by means of a crash report or you contact them
directly) and they have facts that show it's their software causing the
problem, I wouldn't hold your breath thinking they'll put some man-hours
into figuring this out!
Contributor
Message 15 of 15 (2,014 Views)

01-12-2010 08:48 PM in reply to: bboice007
One of the engineers I work with uses this board all the time, he said Autodesk contacted him directly last year to solve a problems from it sooo can't say never. This would be one of the first place to look to solve thier own problems only it your guys are putting in the man hours.

It would like be nice to know what happened so it does not happen again. It may be a prelude to more problems...like the disappearing text caused by a microsoft update that had us all scraching our heads but this time there was nothing new introduced...other than trying to conect to a network .... which has me ask why...
In the mean time I have a computer profile to rebuild.

Thanks guy'z

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube