Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"no registered jit debugger was specified"

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
bboice007
4782 Views, 14 Replies

"no registered jit debugger was specified"

I have had Inventor suite 2009 installed and running for almost five months now. I am running it on a HP8710 laptop with 64 bit Vista Business.

It was working fine this morning when I left home but I needed to be at a clients site to do some AutoCAD updates for them. I brought my laptop along with hopes that during down time I could work on the model I was developing for another client. The clients work place just installed a new wireless network and they are running a network version of 2010 inventor on it.

I booted up my laptop and without prompting my computer tried an failed to find their network. While I was waiting for markups from the customer I started up inventor only to get "no registered jit debugger was specified" Now I am back at my home office and need to have drawing for this other customer tomorrow morning, still the same error.

What ta, do I need to reinstall Inventor?...HELP Edited by: bboice007 on Jan 12, 2010 1:10 AM
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Mike.Wohletz
in reply to: bboice007

Is this a network or stand alone version of Inventor?

Are all of your support files on the local computer or are they mapped to a network recource?
Message 3 of 15
bboice007

My Inventor is a stand alone version, but I never connect to thier network. All files are on my local hard drive. I've had my computer there before without a problem but that was before they went to 2010 and before they added WIFI.

My home internet still connects just fine and everything but Inventor is working.

Is this is something AutoDesk put in 2010 to search an distroy all older copys?
Don't anybody even get me started on this updating ever year, why can't AutoDesk get one version working well an stay there?..... I am getting frustrated...us little business's can't afford it.....

FYI: Not yelling at you Mike, I appreciate the help....just hoping someone from AutoDesk reads this section and pass's it on.

I just finish doing a repair on Inventor, it didn't work, still the same exact lock up on startup and error.
See attached file.

Edited by: bboice007 on Jan 12, 2010 2:23 AM Edited by: bboice007 on Jan 12, 2010 2:27 AM
Message 4 of 15
Mike.Wohletz

Before I put the blame on Autodesk look and see if windows update recently downloaded and installed a .NET framework update that perhaps the install did not work right on, make sure that you have the latest version, log onto your computer using another account and see if inventor works like that.

I have used Inventor 2008, 2009, and 2010 all on the same network with no problems, I do not think that Autodesk is vandalizing your system!
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

I don't think it had anything to do with the wireless network.
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
http://teknigroup.com
Message 6 of 15
bboice007

Mike get real, no one is accusing anyone of anything.

Didn't you ever hear of squeeky wheel gets the grease.

I have been using Autodesk products since version 2.14 of autocad on a xt computer.
Don't worry, not blaming Autodesk.

I'll check into the NET thing....But I don't have auto update on, and this is a 64 bit vista system. Edited by: bboice007 on Jan 12, 2010 4:50 AM
Message 7 of 15
bboice007

Last windows update was 12/18/2009 no NET thing here.
Message 8 of 15
Mike.Wohletz

It was just a thought, I have had more problems with windows updates than any other software, and yes I know you had said that it was a Vista x64 computer that is why I said to check the updates, I have more than one Vista x64 machine.

Perhaps you got some grease in your computer….
Message 9 of 15
bboice007

Haha very funny Mike.

Dennis ... Checked out your website, but don't see where your located?
Never mind found it from your area code.
I'm in Green Bay WI

I've never used this board before (but like the fact you can edit your post) I found a similar post about JIT just three four post down from here. It sounded like that guy had the same crash after he tried to access the school network that was running 2010.

The company is running Vault 2010 on their network, are you sure they didn't maybe try to talk to each other? I have vault 2009 on my machine but don't use it.

Think my laptop did touch thier gateway network when I turned it on and I did try opening internet explore to see if the WIFI was active. When that didn't happen I gave up and started Inventor, that is when the JIT crash happen, first time this has happened. Wouldn't you know it.

The bummer is: I have had next to nothing for work in months, now have lots of work the software fails.

Edited by: bboice007 on Jan 12, 2010 4:20 AM Edited by: bboice007 on Jan 12, 2010 4:25 AM
Message 10 of 15
bboice007

Ok now I am getting a little steamed at Inventor. I have repair, reinstalled and totally removed everything and reinstall with no luck same error.

What is going on. It is the only program on my computer that is having problems for no apparent reason. Nothing was added to the machine so no clue why it happened..

Dear Autodesk, so far I have lost 400 dollars worth of work because of this.... I have a customers who want drawings yesterday and I can updated the models. Do you think maybe I should move to Solid Works?
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

On 1/12/2010 8:27 AM, bboice007 wrote:

> Dear Autodesk, so far I have lost 400 dollars worth of work because of this.... I have a customers who want drawings yesterday and I can updated the models. Do you think maybe I should move to Solid Works?

Just in case, don't expect Adesk to read this message...they are not
required to.

Basically you are asking the end users here if you should move over to
the dark side.
Message 12 of 15
Mike.Wohletz

I am guessing that you did add remove programs to remove the software? I have had an issue that required removing Inventor and reinstalling and the steps that my VAR gave me were as follows.
1. Do add remove products and remove all Inventor related items
2. Go to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk" and delete the Inventor 2009 folder and any contents
3. Go to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk" and delete the Inventor 2009 folder
4. Go to "%homepath%\AppData\Local\Autodesk" and delete the Inventor 2009 folder
5. Open regedit and remove "KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion13.0"
6. Open regedi and remove "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion13.0"
7. Reboot machine
8. Disable any antivirus software and then reinstall the product.

My problem was related to content center and removing the product and reinstalling fixed nothing.
Please not I would always use caution when dealing with the registry and before doing anything create a system check point at minimum.
Good luck to you
Mike
p.s.
don't move to the dark side.
Message 13 of 15
bboice007

Thank you so much Mike I will try that tonight after I get back from the clients site...appreciate it.

I was able to get Inventor to work on a diffrent profile but only after reinstaling and then creating a new profile. What good is it because now I have e-mail to transfer and other file I have to move to the public directory ...geezz what a freeking hassel..

I am posting this only because it appears to be a new issue as I don't see it on this board anywhere so lets hope Autodesk reads it....guyz don't take it personal.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

lol, not taking it personal!

Alot of people post here thinking Adesk will respond. They provided
this for users to answer other users issues, not as a means of notifying
them of a new problem.

Unless they get involved (by means of a crash report or you contact them
directly) and they have facts that show it's their software causing the
problem, I wouldn't hold your breath thinking they'll put some man-hours
into figuring this out!
Message 15 of 15
bboice007

One of the engineers I work with uses this board all the time, he said Autodesk contacted him directly last year to solve a problems from it sooo can't say never. This would be one of the first place to look to solve thier own problems only it your guys are putting in the man hours.

It would like be nice to know what happened so it does not happen again. It may be a prelude to more problems...like the disappearing text caused by a microsoft update that had us all scraching our heads but this time there was nothing new introduced...other than trying to conect to a network .... which has me ask why...
In the mean time I have a computer profile to rebuild.

Thanks guy'z

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report