Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"an unnamed file contains an invalid path"

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
6281 Views, 8 Replies

"an unnamed file contains an invalid path"

When working with an IAssembly I keep getting an error message that reads "an unnamed file contains an invalid path." I cannot seem to find a problem anywhere. Has anyone else had this message and how do you fix it? Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Nevermind I got it to work.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

How ?

Others might have a similar problem in the future.

--
Duncan
"Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad
as what passes for ordinary living."
(Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002)
www.autodesk.co.uk/inventorjobs

wrote in message news:5233742@discussion.autodesk.com...
Nevermind I got it to work.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

certainly, i had the same problem. Problem occur if i assembly doesn't have "file name column" . So check the table. if there is no assignment. right click the member column header assign column as a "file name column". thats all.

Fatih ULUG
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

When I get this error I click the OK button then I can't do anything in the model. Inventor seems to just lock up on me. The only thing I can do is close out of Inventor. Is there a way to get around this problem so i can check out if there is a file name column.
Message 6 of 9
K.Luge

Hello Gehrkj01,

I doubt you're still out there, but II've been getting that error with an assembly that I've been working with.

The bug/file-corruption issue  seems to raise it's ugly head whenever I try to open any 'Level of Detail' besides Master.  After being presented with the error window and cllcking ok, I'm no longer able to do anything - any efforts to recover from the error (other than exit and restart) result in a crashed session.

Six years (at least) & how many releases later (?)...  Autodesk management needs to budget more money towards fixing bugs rather than annoying gui gizmos.

K. Luge

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

For those still having this issue, it might be related to the same error message I've seen while working with STEP files.  Inventor can't open IGES and STEP files when the combined length of the path and filename is greater than 128 characters (excluding the extension).  This behavior appears to be the same on local or network drives.  It will happily save IGES and STEP files with a longer path+filename length, it just won't open them. I'm using Inventor 2012 SP2 64-bit.  In my experience this issue doesn't seem to occur with native Inventor files, or with Inventor Fusion at all.  An easy workaround is to move your project to a folder that has a shorter overall path length and keep folder/filename lengths minimized.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

what the solution for the error?

Message 9 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! This is a very old thread. The issue may or may not have been fixed. Please either share more detail about your issue or start a new thread with more specific information (files and steps leading to the error).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report