Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unknown Error" within BOM Quantities column

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kencalhoon
1663 Views, 8 Replies

"Unknown Error" within BOM Quantities column

Has anyone run accross this? In five years using Inventor I've never seen this- I can't get it the parts list or BOM to register the quantities. Each box comes up with "Unknown Error" and it will not allow manual override to update those quanties. Help?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: kencalhoon

Could you post the file here or send it to me?
Thanks!

johnson.shiue@autodesk.com

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 9
kencalhoon

I'm not sure how to post it here- it's an idw for a retty large iam file- how would I get that to you?
I'll send a pdf of the screen that shows what I'm getting- hopefully that will help...
Message 4 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! I need the Inventor files (idw, iam, and ipt). Please send an email to me so I can set up an account on a secure server for you.
Thanks!

johnson.shiue@autodesk.com

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 9
rhasell
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi there

Did anyone find a solution/cause for the error, I have the same problem?

Thank you

Reg

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 6 of 9
jonyoungblood

Was there are resolution to this problem?  I'm having the same issue and it's unacceptable to have "Unknown Error" in our BOMs.

Message 7 of 9
Myles1

I have come accross the same problem (Inv 2011), when updating a perfectly fine BOM.  I added a few parts, and when I opened the existing drawing (where the parts list was fine before), every part read "Unknown Error" in the QTY column.  I tried to "Rebuild All" in the assy, as was suggested in another post, however there was no change.  Has anyone have any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 9
jon0x1

I found a way to fix this problem.  If you open the part from the IDW. Then Right click on the part with the unknown error. go to BOM Structure move it from defaul to to refrence. save the file update the IDW then go back to part and put the BOM Structure back on default save and update your Drawing one more time and it should correct the problem.  let me know if this works. it worked for me on the two drawings i tried it on.

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 9
nxcorsist

It has to with the BOM list, in my case when placing a parts list, and i select STRUCTURED the problem does not occure, when i select STRUCTURED (legacy) the problem occures.

If the IDW select STRUCTURED (legacy) automaticly when clicking on a view or selecting the IAM file, the only sollution is: make a complet new drawing , starting from your template.

Structured (legacy) seems to be an old format from the past, and when it is already in your IDW you cannot get it out of there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report