Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Select Other" pop-up menu gets disabled - IV2014SP2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
graemev
487 Views, 3 Replies

"Select Other" pop-up menu gets disabled - IV2014SP2

When selecting geometry for, say, the Measure tool, Inventor will occasionally disable the Select Other pop-up menu.  Right-clicking to pick Select Other also fails, which is likely due to the cursor now having lost the original screen location of selection.  Restarting Inventor clears the problem.  I have yet to determine a common workflow or cause for this failure - it seems to be somewhat random.

I am also running a 3DConnexion Space Explorer, so there may be some kind of conflict if manipulating the view during the selection process.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: graemev

Have never had that happen here.
Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: graemev

Hi! This is the first time I heard about the behavior also. Could you try the following and see if it makes a difference?

1) Go to Tools -> Application Options -> General -> go to lower right corner of the dialog -> change "Select Other" delay to 10 sec -> Apply -> OK.

It should let Select Other stay very long.

2) If #1 does not help, go to Tools -> Add-Ins -> unload 3DConnexion Add-In.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
graemev
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi! This is the first time I heard about the behavior also. Could you try the following and see if it makes a difference?

1) Go to Tools -> Application Options -> General -> go to lower right corner of the dialog -> change "Select Other" delay to 10 sec -> Apply -> OK.

It should let Select Other stay very long.

2) If #1 does not help, go to Tools -> Add-Ins -> unload 3DConnexion Add-In.

Thanks!

1)  This only makes it take 10 seconds to appear.  It was previously set to 1 second and worked just fine that way.  I've never had a problem with the pop-up failing to linger.

2)  I do not appear to be able to unload the add-in, though I may simply be missing the secret golden key.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report