Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Not all referenced documents are available-error!!"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2118 Views, 2 Replies

"Not all referenced documents are available-error!!"

Hi,

I am trying to annotate an exploded view of a machine I built.
For some reason this is not possible as right before the drawing opens it tells me the following error:

"Not all referenced documents are available or a cyclic dependency was found.
Annotations added will become associative when the documents are available again."

I click ok, and then I cant put dimensions on anything. When I try to get a parts list it doesn't display any item.
I never had this problem before.

What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WHolzwarth
in reply to: Anonymous

What happens, if you're opening the main IAM?

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like there is a problem with your Project File. It doesn't include all the paths for items required in your IAM and then in your drawing. This also shows up when people open a IAM and IDW from the Windows Explorer rather than opening Inventor first, making sure they are using the correct Project File and then using the Open File command from within Inventor.

You could also have an issue with folders being available due to network connection problems or copied files to different locations. This can happen if you copy files from one machine (including the Project File) and place them on another machine without a 100% match on the directory structure.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report