Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to create a new study file" in 2012

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ericjed13
876 Views, 2 Replies

"Failed to create a new study file" in 2012

I would like to report on a latest problem i encountered.

I dunno why, but when it started to run a part fill analysis, Inventor prompted me that it ""Failed to create a new study file".

I tried restarting inventor and still, nothing happened. Moreover, i tried another file and it worked. How come for this part it didnt? 

Please see attached.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MingweiGao
in reply to: ericjed13

I didn't see this error in the last several years. But as your said, it is only for this part. Can you share the dataset to me to give some investigation? My e-mail address is mingwei.gao@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 3 of 3
MingweiGao
in reply to: ericjed13

I had a look at your dataset and I also repied your mail. But it seems the message hasn't been delivered. I don't know the reason. Anyway, I also want to share my message in here for other guys:

Yes, this issue is related with the long file name. Because of Mold app will use the default design file name to name the all simulation results files, such as below picture.

Moldflow analysis file name.png

But I want to say that you also can use “Corner Joint Final Re-Design with Extrusion” as your design assembly name and do the part analyses. There is a solution to do it. Please refer to the below steps:

1. After you entered into Mold environment(before place the plastic part), you need to right-click on the Mold Design browser and check Prompt for File Names option.

Prompt for File Names option.png

2. Select your plastic part and place it into mold design.

3. After you placed the part, there is a File Naming dialog pop up:

Rename model browser display names option.png

-You need to check Rename Model Browser Display Names option and then double click on the File Name column to remove some redundant words from them, such as delete “Corner Joint Final Re-Design with Extrusion” from all components. Click OK to apply it.

4. After the above steps, you can assign material and do part analyses.

In this way, you can reduce the length of simulation results file name and  continue to do part analyses.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report