Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Arrows Inside" for sketch dimensions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ad64
903 Views, 4 Replies

"Arrows Inside" for sketch dimensions

When I dimension a sketch manually, the dimensions are usually placed inside the dimension lines. However, when I dimension it using iLogic, the arrows are placed outside the dimension line and it create a real mess. Is there any option or code snippet that can control whether the sketch dimensions are located inside or outside of the dimension extension lines.

See attached image for details. I would like my dimensions to be like the image on the left.

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jletcher
in reply to: ad64

Are you using a style in your code. If you call out to use a style that have the dimesions the way you want them it should work..

Message 3 of 5
ad64

How do I reference a dimension style in my iLogic code for a part sketch? I didn't realize that dimension styles were available when creating part sketches.

Steve

Message 4 of 5
jletcher

Sorry I did not see in your first post it was a part...  Did not even look at your pic till now is this Inventor? Looks like Autocad

But you are correct in part modeling there is no dims style that can be set to my knowledge.

Not sure there is a way Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 5
ad64

Yes, it's Inventor. I'm just using the dark colour style.

Maybe someone at Autodesk has an idea on this and could respond.

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report