Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"A cyclical constraint dependancy was detected" error message

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Desam
6364 Views, 23 Replies

"A cyclical constraint dependancy was detected" error message

Hi,

Am getting this error "A cyclical constraint dependancy was detected" when attempting to rebuild derived parts with any skeleton base project I work on in Inventor 2013.  Skeleton part rebuilds fine with no errors shown but part will not rebuild.  Error message does not allow me to chase down any problems either.  Just have to abandon 2013 and go back to 2012.  Am not very happy.

Is any one else experiencing this?

Files too large to add to post (less than 3mb but larger than 1.5mb posting attachment limit)  am happy to send/upload to any one interested

regards.

Hugh Ralton

DSAM Drafting

Windows 7 64bit

Product Design Suite Premium 2013 (Inventor 2013)

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
SBix26
in reply to: Desam

Pull the End of Part marker on each part all the way to the top (making the part invisible), then save and zip.  That may make them small enough to be attached here.

Message 3 of 24
Desam
in reply to: SBix26

Hi Sam,

Have tried that but still too big.  Have tried to reduce skeleton size but unfortunately this temporarily clears error.  Am not able to reproduce error on small scale yet either.  I have submitted files to autodesk and am thinking that others will also see this error independantly in the future and hoping that it will be dealt with then.  Am plodding along back in 2012 for the forseable future. 

Thankyou for your reply.

Hugh

Message 4 of 24
ifsi

I am having exactly the same problem after upgrading to 2013. I created this 'shed' in 2012 and it all worked sweet! upgrade to 2013, and I have LOTS of problematic parts.

I have attached 3 parts.

1. 'SITE LAYOUT.ipt' is the skeleton. no problems with this file (that i know of - many other parts built off this and work ok. and EVERYTHING worked in 2012)

2. Panel 'P1.ipt' is the prime example of the issue. mod the skeleton, update P1 and you get the '"A cyclical constraint dependancy was detected" error message. Interesting considering I haven't added any sketch geometry, it all comes from the skeleton. I cannot do anything (that i know of) to fix it other than completely rebuild it and repair all broken constraints. times this by the number of busted parts = fun for me.

3. 'BLAST ROOF PANEL.ipt' is a different issue but is VERY common in 2013 for me. again tweak the skeleton, update the part and extrusion 2 throws up an error. fix it by editing extrusion 1 and returning. do this every time I tweak the skeleton times by the number of problematic parts = more fun for me.

Very frustrating. Please help.

Message 5 of 24
Desam
in reply to: ifsi

Hi,

Am sorry  to hear you are having the same problem but not surprised unfortunately.  Back to 2012 for you too I suppose?  Another person I work with has also had exactly the same problem.  We have both submitted a support request to autodesk and got this response

"

Thanks for your reminder. I have checked with our developers. They are planning to fix this as a part of service pack for Inventor. I will let you know the dates as soon as i have an update from our development team.

Do let me know, if you have any concern. I would give a call to discuss further.

Looking forward to your updates.

Best regards,
Vinod Kumar Balasubramanian
Autodesk Support Team"

Over to you Autodesk

regards

Hugh

Message 6 of 24

Thanks Hugh. We have received a few reports so far on this. I am working with our developers to find out any workaround, if possible. Currently this issue is work in progress and will keep you all posted with an update soon.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 7 of 24
john.hahn-francini

We have this problem fixed in an internal build.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

John Hahn-Francini

Autodesk Inventor developer

Message 8 of 24
ifsi
in reply to: john.hahn-francini

That is great!

Any chance we can get that as a hot-fix?

Message 9 of 24
john.hahn-francini

Our customer service team is looking into the best way to deliver the fix. They are very well aware that this problem is causing customers a lot of grief.

John Hahn-Francini

Autodesk developer

Message 10 of 24
JohnSutherland1763

Bump - Any progress on delivering a fix for this issue?

Message 11 of 24
ANDREWLEED6659

I have had this issue when using Inventor 2013. A Customer Support Case has been running for weeks .........

Until a solution is found, I can't afford to use version 2013.....

Andrew

Message 12 of 24

Thanks Andrew. Currently we are actively looking into this issue and will be addressing it as soon as possible. I will keep you all posted with an update soon.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 13 of 24

Hello

We have the same problem, one of our VIP customers.

The estimate of the time when the fix?

We need, to communicate to the customer.

Thanks for info

Message 14 of 24

A fix for this will be released in an "Update2" in early August. If you want to get access to that specific fix (as well as various others), before then, there is also an SP1 beta project underway now, which contains the fix. If you haven't received an invite yet, then let me know offline & I'll provide access.

Thanks,
Chris

chrisDOTmitchellATautodeskDOTcom

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 24
longoriaos

I have the same problem when crreating a part from an assembliy, so far it work by breaking the link .

Rigth click on the part name then select break the link

Message 16 of 24
Desam
in reply to: longoriaos

Hi,

You might want to try SP1.1 as this fixes the problem for me.

regards,

Hugh

Message 17 of 24
ic198

I'm still finding this problem in SP1.1- is anyone else?

Message 18 of 24

Has this error been resolved.  I currently am operating Inventor 2014 and the program is totally locked up, with the cyclical error message.  How do I get out of the program to even move ahead?

Message 19 of 24
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: WinsAuto1

Which version of 2014 are you using ? Some fixes related to this were released in SP1.1; that has since been updated to SP2.

Can you provide any example files ?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 24
brian1479
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

same error for myself. Simple  4 line construction sketch within an assembly to determine part layout.

Cannot add 5th construction line without getting error. Didn't see this before in previous versions.

12 years on Inventor. Present version Build: 203, Release: 2015 SP1 Update 2

Thank You

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report