Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qty in part list wrong by use of lod and view

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mjgroep
339 Views, 5 Replies

qty in part list wrong by use of lod and view

Hello All.

situation:

i have a major main assembly, in this assembly i made several views and LOD's

when i make a drawing and i use one of the lod's or views, the qty of my nuts and bolts will not change.

In my partlist i still see the number of all bolts of the complete assy.

hope someone can help me out,

kind regards

marc

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: mjgroep

Nope..sadly thats how it works..

"LOD" is a memory management tool only used to reduce the # of parts in a model to help it load faster..

View reps dont' change the number of parts either.. 

You should be using an iassembly if you want to parts list to show only the parts used in thats specific configuration.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
CCarreiras

Hi!

You can use a part list filter based in the "View representations" Only, not based in LOD.

Edit the part List

1.png 

go to filters

Choose by Reprentation View.... and that's it!!!

2.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: CCarreiras

^^ but that still doesn't effect the quantity of the parts.. It just shows only the parts in that view rep but will still show the total quantity used in the complete assembly..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi!

That's right mcgyvr.. as i use iLogic to suppress the parts i don't need and it works like iAssembly regarding the count of parts, i'd forgeted that important detail. Thanks to remember.

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! I have heard similar request before. Assembly BOM table should always be consistent with the assembly structure. Any visibility control (DV) or document control (LOD) hiding a component should not affect assembly BOM table.

PartsList in Drawing references row data from assembly BOM table. In theory, it should be possible to affect (override) component quantity like the filters in PartsList. Currently, it is still limited to the filters available in PartsList. LOD or DV is not yet supported

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report