Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

positioning of punch

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
richard_cirillo
406 Views, 7 Replies

positioning of punch

The punch formed does not allow me to face up the correct way when applied.When i place the punch it always is inserted up side down.It faces down instead of facing up.The punch works as it always inserts but what needs to be changed to get it have the dimple on the up side and not the under side?

Rich - inv2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

on the 2nd tab, click on Face, then click on the face of the part you to punch. Worked for me ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

I did select the face from the 2nd tab originally but it still places the punch on it side when punch placed on point.I then select the face but it still places the punch on the underside of the sheet metal part.I thought the punch would sit flat on the face chosen

Message 4 of 8

When on this page click Face2 down below.. then click on the sheet face and it'll adjust properly. Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

Like this

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

"like this"

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

Hi Mike

Nothing attached.Sometimes for some reason it hard to attach files....i will give it another try

regards

Rich

Message 8 of 8

email mdavis22569 gmail dot com and I'll forward it to

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report