Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plotting

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
83 Views, 2 Replies

plotting

Please tell me if plotting functions are affected by the graphics card.
I am forced to temporarily use an ATI rage APG-2x. I do not know if this is useful of Inventor. It displays ok. But does this card affect plotting.

(Yes I intend to get a better card next pay check).
Anway: AutoCAD 2d plots fine, but inventor r9 will not pick up the 11x17 sixze on the hp5000 printer
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The plotting is controlled through the OS printing. Try deleting the printer and re-installing. RJK2004 wrote: > Please tell me if plotting functions are affected by the graphics card. > I am forced to temporarily use an ATI rage APG-2x. I do not know if this is useful of Inventor. It displays ok. But does this card affect plotting. > > (Yes I intend to get a better card next pay check). > Anway: AutoCAD 2d plots fine, but inventor r9 will not pick up the 11x17 sixze on the hp5000 printer -- Hal Gwin Mechanical Designer Xenogen W2K SP4 Dell Precision 650 Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon 1.5 GB DDR Quadro4 900 XGL nVidia 6.14.10.6085 w/registry update Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We had a weird thing happen when we plotted to our hp laser. If we plotted to the laser directly if would loose the bottom line of excel attachments. If we printed it to a PDF using a pdf writer program and then printed it to the same printer it worked well. So what I am saying is if the situation is temporary try printing to PDF and then printing that file. It worked for us. (we post PDF on our web site for customer use that is why we bother with the PDF and the regular printing is for our in house work)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report