Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe lenghts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
244 Views, 2 Replies

pipe lenghts

Hi All,

I will be creating many pipes of various lengths.I attached a sample pipe file which will be saved in a folder.Is it best to use the pipe and just change the dimensions for the length as required which would save time creating each different pipe length?

Please also i will create assembly file with many different pipe lengths.I will place the pipes between motors and valves.Would there be a method in which i can place the pipe between the motor and valves and have it fit the length correctly.Could i constrain the end of the pipe to a motor and the other end to a valve and have it fit perfectly? .I have very little experience with this but would i require the use of the Adaptive feature in the sketch section of the modelled pipe?

Thanks for any help

Terry Close

Inventor 2011 Pro Edu

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use the file as a template to create other pipes. When doing so, you will need to do a Save-As to create the new unique file name. Each pipe that has a different length (or something different about it) will require a new file name.

You may look at creating a Custom Library and publish the pipe to the library. This will allow the length to be changed by simply RMB on the pipe within the assembly and changing it's length.

Adaptive increases system overhead and can lead to problems and model instability down the road.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Hi Blair

Thank you for the information supplied

Terry Close

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report