Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

part out of a picture or logo ???

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
289 Views, 10 Replies

part out of a picture or logo ???

How do you make a part out of a picture or logo. We have a plasma and would like to make company logos or some designs. How do you get it from a jpeg or bmp to a sheet metal part. -- Lester Martin
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You should be able to use a good paint program to TRACE the edges and get that into DXF format. I know COREL can do this. Once in DXF, I'd send directly to the plasma. -- Rui "Lester Martin" wrote in message news:41c34ffa_1@newsprd01... > How do you make a part out of a picture or logo. > We have a plasma and would like to make company logos or some designs. > How do you get it from a jpeg or bmp to a sheet metal part. > > -- > Lester Martin > > >
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Can you save as DXF in Corel?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Last version I used was Corel 5 and you could then, so I'm assuming a current version still can. Maybe even some ADOBE (I'm thinking Illustrator or something like that) format can be converted but I'm not familiar with ADOBE. -- Rui "Lester Martin" wrote in message news:41c355dd$1_3@newsprd01... > Can you save as DXF in Corel? > >
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Coral Draw has an add-on called OCR Trace. You will have to clean it up afterward, depending on the geometry. It will produce a lot of short line segments that cause the burn table to jerk around. It can also produce a lot of arcs smaller then your kerf. "Lester Martin" wrote in message news:41c34ffa_1@newsprd01... > How do you make a part out of a picture or logo. > We have a plasma and would like to make company logos or some designs. > How do you get it from a jpeg or bmp to a sheet metal part. > > -- > Lester Martin > > >
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Sorry, I forgot to say that you then save-as a DXF file in Coral Draw. "Doug R. Smith" wrote in message news:41c35624_3@newsprd01... > Coral Draw has an add-on called OCR Trace. > You will have to clean it up afterward, depending on the geometry. > It will produce a lot of short line segments that cause the burn table to > jerk around. > It can also produce a lot of arcs smaller then your kerf. > > "Lester Martin" wrote in message > news:41c34ffa_1@newsprd01... > > How do you make a part out of a picture or logo. > > We have a plasma and would like to make company logos or some designs. > > How do you get it from a jpeg or bmp to a sheet metal part. > > > > -- > > Lester Martin > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I was able to get it to this point in PSP but I PSP doesn't have a DXF export. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Lester Martin" wrote in message news:41c34ffa_1@newsprd01... > How do you make a part out of a picture or logo. > We have a plasma and would like to make company logos or some designs. > How do you get it from a jpeg or bmp to a sheet metal part. > > -- > Lester Martin > > >
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Turbocad is a cheap and effective answer to this..... Less than £10 from ebay, it has raster to vector translation and works well. also can save as dxf or dwg. Derek "Lester Martin" wrote in message news:41c34ffa_1@newsprd01... > How do you make a part out of a picture or logo. > We have a plasma and would like to make company logos or some designs. > How do you get it from a jpeg or bmp to a sheet metal part. > > -- > Lester Martin > > >
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for the replys I have to see which is the best way for me to go.
Message 11 of 11
henryanthony

Adobe Photoshop will outline a selection. The higher the resolution, the more accurate will be your outlines. Outlines can then be pasted into Adobe Illustrator. Illustrator exports DWG and DXF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report