Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

part not found in vault. But it's there?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
JimSteinmeyer
475 Views, 8 Replies

part not found in vault. But it's there?

First, we just updated to 2013 from 2012 last week.--Could be key to problem--

I just attempted to open a drawing from the Vault (basic) and was informed that the drawing was unable to open because it was unable to find one part of the assembly. I broused to the component location and.....it was there. Then I attempted to open the component and was informed again that the part did not exist and I should locate it.

clevis.JPG

Can anyone suggest how to figure out either what happened, or atleast map to a new part so the file will at least open if roll back state or something?

Thank you

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

this gets more interesting, I just checked an assembly I opened just before attempting yto open the problem file , and the missing part was in there. I have started Vault and Inventor, but no    success.

Jim

HP G71 notebook
Win 7 home premium

Message 3 of 9
ampster402
in reply to: JimSteinmeyer

the files stored in the Vault need to be migrated to the new version before you attempt to open them in 2013.  Has that been done yet?

Message 4 of 9
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: ampster402

How do I go about migrating files without checking them out? Up until now (4 days) we have not had problems with this.If we attempt to open a vaulted file we get a message that the file will be migrated when saved, but everything opens fine. Now as far as the rest of updating, that hasn't gone near as well. Enough to encourage someone to wait 4-5 years between upgrades. Plus with the money saved from subcriptions and purchasing up graded add ins The software is much more afordable.

Jim

HP G71 notebook
Win 7 home premium

Message 5 of 9
BLHDrafting
in reply to: JimSteinmeyer

When we do version upgrades we migrate all Library and Project files (ipt, iam, idw, ipn, etc..) using the Task Scheduler. The process is a bit hit an miss sometjimes. I have found that doing about 500 files at a time works nearly every time. You set up a Task to checkout files (or a directory), then another to do the migration (read the help files-there are some tricks here) and then another to check the files back in. All of this is done before any file is openend in the new Inventor version.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 6 of 9

Hello,

Just to know, did you perform a purge in 2012 before migrating to 2013?

Message 7 of 9
ampster402
in reply to: BLHDrafting

to add to Brendan's post, you should practice doing the migration in the order Brendan listed, do the ipt's first, then do the iam's, then the idw's...etc and this is done on the Vault server itself.

Message 8 of 9
karthur1
in reply to: ampster402

@ampster402 wrote:

the files stored in the Vault need to be migrated to the new version before you attempt to open them in 2013.....

I think what ampster is saying is that the vault data will have to be migrated.  The vault data migration is normally an automatic process when you upgrade vault form one version to the next. Vault does not care what Inventor version the data is in (I'm not sure that it even knows, but it might).

Inventor files DO NOT have to be migrated before they are placed in vault.

Jim,

Go to Vault Explorer and browse to the Clevis coupler.ipt.  Right click and select "Open".  Does this part open in Inventor or do you get the same error as your original post?

Does the "Where Used" tab for the part show anything?

Kirk

Message 9 of 9
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: karthur1

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this but other fires and all. The fijles were migrated when the Vault was updated. Kirk, I just went to the vault  and, yes the clevis does check out this time. So I guess things are working as to this guestion anyway. I am going to find and install any hot fixes available now.

Thank you all.

Jim

HP G71 notebook
Win 7 home premium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report