Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pack and go

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
457 Views, 2 Replies

pack and go

So there might be a simple answer to this question but I don't know what it might be. I am attempting to use the pack and go feature. The steps I have taken are as such...

1. Took a completed saved assembly complete with drawings.

2. Created a new project

3. Opened the Drawing and started the Pack and Go.

4. Created a new Destination folder.

5. Found all the parts, assemblies, and drawings and clicked start then done.

6. Opened and renamed the top level to a new number.

7. Opened and saved one part and drawing that is to be different than the original.

8. Replaced that part in the new assembly.

9. Opened the Bill of Materials in the assembly and the picture attached is what I am seeing.

My question is if I replaced the old part with a new (different name) part, shouldn't the BOM show this? Also when I open the drawing the Parts list that I have in there still shows the old part number as well. I even tried to delete the Parts list and made a new one. Any help or insight to this issue would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly new to Inventor, but I come from a strong SolidWorks background and the learning curve between the two is fairly shallow. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

6. Opened and renamed the top level to a new number. 

How did you rename?

Using Windows Explorer?

Using Design Assistant?

Using Vault?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I used windows explorer.

I think I just answered my own question fiddling around. It appears that the automatically populated part number in the iproperties does not automatically update when you change the file name windows explorer.

Thank you all for all of your help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report