Inventor General

Reply
*Land, Brian
Message 1 of 4 (59 Views)

only top midpoint available

59 Views, 3 Replies
10-31-2002 11:07 PM
Has anyone noticed that if, in sketch mode, if you draw a line, rect, etc.
over the top of a projected line in the sketch... now... r6 will only snap
to the midpoint of the top line... i can't easily snap midpoints to
midpoints anymore to lock new sketches on center, without moving my new line
or square off the top of the original or projected line i want the midpoint
from. Inventor will only select the top line... this has got to be a bug
.... or i am missing something here...
--
Brian Land
Mechanical Design
Lorik Tool Inc.
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 2 of 4 (59 Views)

Re: only top midpoint available

10-31-2002 11:07 PM in reply to: *Land, Brian
I'd guess you are actually picking the reference line, what happens if you
try select other?
~Larry

"Brian Land" wrote in message
news:0FFC18ED1C3A78F767CA35093B2B3758@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
>
> Has anyone noticed that if, in sketch mode, if you draw a line, rect, etc.
> over the top of a projected line in the sketch... now... r6 will only snap
> to the midpoint of the top line... i can't easily snap midpoints to
> midpoints anymore to lock new sketches on center, without moving my new
line
> or square off the top of the original or projected line i want the
midpoint
> from. Inventor will only select the top line... this has got to be a bug
> .... or i am missing something here...
> --
> Brian Land
> Mechanical Design
> Lorik Tool Inc.
>
>
*Land, Brian
Message 3 of 4 (59 Views)

Re:

10-31-2002 11:20 PM in reply to: *Land, Brian
rmb doesn't offer select other, the sketch line that is on top of the
reference line is the one that will have its midpoint available. Now i can
rmb and select midpoint and get the midpoint of the ref line, but it won't
hover over it and give me that snap too anymore...
"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
news:409381481EF1487D9A3C5252415F7294@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I'd guess you are actually picking the reference line, what happens if you
> try select other?
> ~Larry
>
> "Brian Land" wrote in message
> news:0FFC18ED1C3A78F767CA35093B2B3758@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> >
> > Has anyone noticed that if, in sketch mode, if you draw a line, rect,
etc.
> > over the top of a projected line in the sketch... now... r6 will only
snap
> > to the midpoint of the top line... i can't easily snap midpoints to
> > midpoints anymore to lock new sketches on center, without moving my new
> line
> > or square off the top of the original or projected line i want the
> midpoint
> > from. Inventor will only select the top line... this has got to be a
bug
> > .... or i am missing something here...
> > --
> > Brian Land
> > Mechanical Design
> > Lorik Tool Inc.
> >
> >
>
>
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 4 of 4 (59 Views)

Re:

10-31-2002 11:28 PM in reply to: *Land, Brian
That's right Brian, I always use sketch points or the projected origin to
dim from and guess I hadn't realized that. A sketch point will snap to the
midpoint though.
~Larry

"Brian Land" wrote in message
news:5BC34788F5EA12E05814D3F6079A19A4@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> rmb doesn't offer select other, the sketch line that is on top of the
> reference line is the one that will have its midpoint available. Now i
can
> rmb and select midpoint and get the midpoint of the ref line, but it won't
> hover over it and give me that snap too anymore...
> "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
> news:409381481EF1487D9A3C5252415F7294@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I'd guess you are actually picking the reference line, what happens if
you
> > try select other?
> > ~Larry
> >
> > "Brian Land" wrote in message
> > news:0FFC18ED1C3A78F767CA35093B2B3758@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > >
> > > Has anyone noticed that if, in sketch mode, if you draw a line, rect,
> etc.
> > > over the top of a projected line in the sketch... now... r6 will only
> snap
> > > to the midpoint of the top line... i can't easily snap midpoints to
> > > midpoints anymore to lock new sketches on center, without moving my
new
> > line
> > > or square off the top of the original or projected line i want the
> > midpoint
> > > from. Inventor will only select the top line... this has got to be a
> bug
> > > .... or i am missing something here...
> > > --
> > > Brian Land
> > > Mechanical Design
> > > Lorik Tool Inc.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community


Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube