Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

numbers are added to symbol when using symbol in lieu of balloon

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jpblower
926 Views, 5 Replies

numbers are added to symbol when using symbol in lieu of balloon

The attached picture is me trying to balloon a part.  I would like to just add some notes to the balloon so that I can update them manually but all I can find is to have a symbol.  So I created a symbol, the insertion point for the symbol is shown.  For some reason I get an extra number and the symbol offcenter.  Why is this happening?  What I'm really looking for is a balloon that is fully customizable so that I can just add text to the top and bottom and fill out the details.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 3 of 6
jpblower
in reply to: jpblower

Does this help?

Message 4 of 6
swhite

I have attached notes to balloons by using the Leader Text command. Click the balloon on a quadrant and then immediately right click without clicking for a line placement and select continue. You can then adjust the location of the text block and it will move with the balloon. Note: this only works with a circled balloon or with a shape, not a balloon without a surrounding shape.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 5 of 6
jpblower
in reply to: swhite

2 things

A when I move the text around I wind up w/ leader lines. 

B.  The leader text won't allow centered text.

Do you have a fix for these problems?  Otherwise that your answer is extremely close to what I'm looking for.

Message 6 of 6
swhite

Try this. Sketch your sumbol.

Symbol.PNG

The text entries for Note1 and Note2 are set as prompted entries. this will allow you to add notes on insertion of the symbol.

Prompted entry.PNG

To edit after insertion Select the symbol and right-click edit text entries. Hope this fits the bill.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report