Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new ver

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jletcher
1109 Views, 10 Replies

new ver

Why when I save some times I get this error and at times I don't. It drives me nut because I have to shut down all assembies and parts delet the new version part and open everything again. Files are all local and no folders open. I looked but found nothing on this. And this would be a part that I had and just open to modify then save and this error pops up.

Window 7 Enterprise

8 gig ram

64 bit

Inventor 2011 SP1

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher

Anybody

Message 3 of 11
BMiller63

Welcome to the forum,

Here is a link that might be helpful

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/error-when-saving/td-p/2153157

Use the seach tool and you'll find more.

Message 4 of 11
JDMather

I had same (or similar problem) with 2011.  Running on same machine I've used for 4 or 5 years - 2011 was the only release I had trouble with on this machine.  2012 the problem has not reappeared.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 11
jletcher
in reply to: BMiller63

No that did not help even autodesak has no clue in that log. Plus I'm not going over network they all seem to be.

So autodesk when will you fix this it is costing time............................

Message 6 of 11
jletcher
in reply to: JDMather

Well this is the first time it has ever done this. and it is time eating issue. You would think autodesk would jump in and fix this time issue bug..............

Message 7 of 11
karthur1

Not sure if it will fix ur issue, but there is a SP2 out for 2011.

Message 8 of 11
jletcher
in reply to: karthur1

Thanks I'll get IT right on it and let you know.

Message 9 of 11
jletcher

Just had SP2 loaded NO IT DOES NOT FIX IT. Now can some one from Autodesk step in NOW and tell me how to stop this. I have to shut down ahd restart 20 to 30 times a day this is eating my time up. I dont have this time for this I have dead line to make and this is a big time waist.. PLEASE STEP IN...................................................

Message 10 of 11
andrewiv

I have seen this error before as well.  You are right it is very annoying, but I have found a work around.  When you see this error, click on the Inventor icon, manage, and refresh. This will reload all open files and you should be able to save now without closing everything and reopening.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 11 of 11
jletcher
in reply to: andrewiv

Yeah that worked thanks..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report